Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Microsoft Partners in Learning Institute, Seattle #1: Invited

In May I received an email from Microsoft in the US  inviting me to join their inaugural Innovative Teacher network in the Partners-in-Learning interface.  This invitation was given to 500 teachers world-wide whom they recognise as being 'top tier' teachers.  Once you joined the network you would be given an application form to apply for the first ever Global Partners in Learning Institute Professional Development training in Redmond, USA, for a week at the end of July. 50 teachers would be selected from the 500. Well, I have applied!!! Can you imagine anything more exciting than that! Part of the application was that you had to make a two-and-a-half minute movie about yourself and put it on You Tube for the selectors to view. That part was a bit daunting, I must say. Well, that movie has been there for about a month, but this morning I though I should keep a record of it in my blog. So here goes. We should hear about the success of our application towards the end of June.

4 comments:

  1. Dear Mrs. Beal,
    I read your post about the Partners in Learning training. I am curious. Did you get accepted? I live about 3 miles from Redmond, and drive by the Microsoft campus everyday during my school year.
    I just discovered your blog! I enjoyed reading your posts and will be back!
    Sincerely,
    Mrs. Hembree
    http://bellbulldogreaders.edublogs.org
    @mrs_hembree

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mrs. Beal,

    Congratulations on your acceptance to the Microsoft Partners in Learning training! If you have time when you aren't in class, perhaps we can get together and I could take you to Seattle and tour around a bit. You can email me at jhembree@lwsd.org. I check that email all the time. Also if you add me on Twitter, we can communicate that way as well.
    I can't imagine how excited you must be!
    Julie Hembree
    @mrs_hembree on Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello
    I found your blog on the web, congratulations for your work. I too am part of this global team of teachers, which is beautiful.
    I wish the 50 teachers who will share the meeting in the U.S., all the luck and the best experience.

    Greetings from Argentina
    Noel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your article perfectly shows what I neeedd to know, thanks!

    ReplyDelete