Thursday, September 18, 2014

GVC #2: Signed up for the Global Virtual Classroom Contest today

image

I signed up today! The Google Form asked us to agree to the eight points of the ‘Teachers Oath’. This is what the form says:

"Please complete the form below to register for the Global Virtual Classroom (GVC) Contest for the 2014/2015 school year. The GVC Contest registration ends on September 25, 2014. Before filling out the form, please read this "Teacher's Oath" and verify that you can commit to these 8 points.

1.) I agree to communicate with my partners at least once time per week.
2.) If my school is not actively participating by November 1st, I agree that my school will be removed from the GVC Contest and replaced by another school, if one is available.
3.) I verify that I am a teacher or other adult who will be supervise and be responsible for my class or group for the duration of the GVC Contest period.
4.) I understand that Google Sites will be the main web design tool used by all teams. (Space assigned by the GVC.)
5.) I will accurately describe my technical skills to my partners.
6.) I acknowledge that I will inform my partners of all holidays and school events between October and March that might interfere with my school's participation during the GVC Contest period.
7.) I understand sites will be judged on content, presentation, helping focus, and collaboration, and that all work must be copyright compliant.
8.) I agree to respect the final decisions of the judging panel.

If you are unable to agree to any of these items, contact the GVC Manager, jbarnstable@gsbi.org for additional help OR consider participating in our Clubhouse program [http://gvc-clubhouse.wikispaces.com/], which is less demanding."

I think those are fair so I am set to go! Exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment