Tuesday, May 5, 2015

The Colour Poem Global Twitter Project #4 (Week 4) GREEN poems with Grade 1

We have joined the Colour poem Global project started by Linda Yollis  http://goo.gl/YtbFkg. The Grade 1s did Green Poems today. The learners are loving this project. They always want to see what other classes have done. I had a student teacher helping me today so I managed to get a fairly complicated lesson done with her help.

Skills learned
We used PowerPoint and I managed to teach them the following skills:
  • Adding a colour to the background 
  • Finding images in Google Chrome 
  • Adding an image by right-clicking and choosing ‘Çopy Image’ 
  • Formatting the background to a shade of green
Creating the poem
In order to create the poem we had a discussion about the colour green first on the mat. Each one chose something green to write about. Then when we started on the PowerPoint template our format was as follows:
  • Start with a question 
  • Write three short sentences about the item they chose 
  • Write one final statement about the item
Examples
The lesson went well. Here are a few examples:
image image
image image
image image

My evaluation of the lesson

I loved the different shades of green that emerged. I always tell them that in computer lessons we don’t worry about spelling – we just write and when I walk around I’ll show them how to correct any spelling errors.  I was amazed how well the Grade 1s did in this lesson thanks to my co-helper!

No comments:

Post a Comment