Friday, August 31, 2018

How to get started with Instagram

Instagram is a social-media photo sharing application, and a very popular one at that! Up till this point, and to my shame, I have not uploaded anything to Instagram! I have joined and I have 114 followers - but no photos! So today I decided to change all that. My first sober discovery was that Instagram does not work from a Windows 10 laptop if it is not a touchscreen. So, I used my Samsung phone.


Here are the steps I followed.

Step 1: Find a video that you can follow step by step
I found one called ' How to use Instagram' by Techboomers.



Step 2: Download the app to your phone
I already had the Instagram app installed but if I hadn't I would have found the app in the Google Play Store. Since Instagram was already downloaded, I opened it up and logged into my current Instagram account which has no photos as yet. I go under the username of Fiona.Beal.  I also looked for people I know so that I could follow them - but I only did this after I had posted my first Instagram photo.

Step 3: Post your own photos and videos on Instagram
So, now my  task was to create my first post!
a) From my Instagram account I tapped the + icon at the bottom of the page. I selected a photo from my phone Gallery. Then I tapped Next.
b) I typed in my caption and saved. I also added hashtags, Instagram is all about hashtags!

Step 4:  Take a look at Instagram and at your feed
Wow! Another daily activity coming up - looking through Instagram every day.

I am excited! I did it!  My next task is to see how I can use Instagram in the school context. But that is for another day!


No comments:

Post a Comment