Sunday, October 19, 2014

One way to transfer photos from your iPad to your PC

Some time ago I downloaded the app Photo Transfer from the ITunes store but I have never used it. Tonight was the night! At the time of downloading this app it was free but I see it now costs $2.99

image

How did I do it?
1. Make sure both your iPad and your desktop are using WIFI
2. Open Photo Transfer on the iPad and select ‘Send’.  This will enable you to transfer the photos and videos to a selected destination.

IMG_2150

3. The App will now ask you where you want to send the photos. In my case I selected Windows/Computer.
IMG_2151

4. The App now gives the option of installing Photo Transfer on your computer or using the web browser. I chose to use the web browser.

IMG_2152

5. The app will give you the option of selecting the desired photos and/or videos to send from the iPad, and it will tell you the address to type into your browser in order to receive the photos on your computer. Follow the instructions and type the address into your browser.

6. In the computer browser you will have the option of downloading a zipped file either in medium or full resolution OR downloading the photos individually in medium or full resolution. I chose the zipped file option and created a folder on my computer. I then right clicked on my option and saved the photos in a folder I had designated for this task.

image

image

It’s as easy as that. It works beautifully! The final step is that the iPad tells you that the photos were transferred successfully.

The video below, although made a long time ago, gives a good idea of how the whole process works.

No comments:

Post a Comment