Monday, August 1, 2016

Google Slides: How to make a brochure using Google Slides

Google Slides is a great tool to use for making a six-sided brochure.  I decided to try it out with my Grade 5 class. They were learning about the heritage sites in South Africa in Social Sciences.

The task
Create a six-sided brochure showing two important heritage sites in South Africa that you would like to visit.

This is how I went about it
  1. I created a template and uploaded this to a shared folder in Google Drive. All I did was divide two slides into three and added a guide for the answers. These division lines can be removed when printing. (The presentation below shows the template)
  2. I put the link to this shared folder into Google Classroom so to ensure an easier workflow.  The students had to make their own copies which would automatically go to the shared folder as first option. 
  3. I also added the link to a Google Document I had created with some brief information as a guide for the class https://goo.gl/TZqDU4 



Google Slides work really well for making a brochure. Until I have some completed work to show I'll use this image from https://goo.gl/kJtAVr.






No comments:

Post a Comment