Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Developing a PLN (Personal Learning Network)

One of the things that I ABSOLUTELY LOVE about social networking is my PLN (Personal Learning Network). PLNs are all about using Web2.0 tools such as blogs, wikis, twitter, facebook groups and online tutorials etc. to create connections and extend our learning. We end up learning together and it is SUCH an empowering feeling. My PLN comes in the form of networked colleagues, virtual friends, blogs I look up all the time, my twitter network and endless tutorials, to name a few. Of course my Google Reader RSS keeps it all together for me. Every day I embrace a new member. For example, I have only just discovered Mark Barnes’ LearnitN5 channel on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/LearnitN5

Richard Byrne from Teaching with Technology has provided a great online tutorial on developing a Personal Learning Network. Here it is:


I love being part of the global community – how else would I keep up with the growth in technology?

No comments:

Post a Comment