Thursday, April 28, 2011

Introducing Adobe Youth Voices to my students

Adding_narration
My Grade 6 Adobe Youth Voices group at school

At the end of last year I was very privileged to be part of an online Adobe Youth voices group of 22 teachers from around the world. This was facilitated by SchoolNet in South Africa. For three months we did an online course with weekly tasks and a lot of interaction as we learned how to use Adobe Photoshop Essentials and Adobe Premier for editing movies. A great part about this was that Adobe gave our school the software and licenses for 25 computers for free! Now my task is to pass this on to my students at school. The idea is for them to make movies about matters that need to be voiced. One thing that has amazed me is how digitally creative our young students are even at primary school level. They pick things up just like that. One of the groups made a very thought-provoking movie this term which is what Adobe Youth Voices encourages - giving the youth the voice to express real world problems. Here is a picture of this particular team adding narration to their movie.

1 comment: