Thursday, April 28, 2011

Songsmith is a blast!

DSCF1173


Songsmith is a fantastic programme from Microsoft. Its free - I think. It certainly was when I got it. I use it as a reward in computer lessons where students have been working really well. They love it. To work Songsmith, you think of your own words, decide on a drum beat, sing along and Songsmith creates a song for you. In this picture you can see a group working on a song. When I saw how much they were enjoying the programme I quickly grabbed my camera to take a shot! Microsoft Research has put a very helpful video demonstration of the programme on YouTube. I think this programme has great potential in a classroom. Groups could create words about something - Maths, grammar rules, information - and then set it to music.

No comments:

Post a Comment