Saturday, January 10, 2015

iPad #2: How to back up an iPad 2 and transfer the contents to an iPad Mini 3

As mentioned in my previous post I have just bought an Ipad Mini 3! So now I need to make sure my current iPad 2 is backed up to iTunes so that I can transfer everything to my new iPad.  I found a great post on how to do this on Wikihow http://www.wikihow.com/Back-Up-an-iPad. There are two ways of doing this
  • wirelessly using iCloud backup (which is my preferred method)
  • using the iTunes application installed on your computer
Wirelessly using iCloud backup

Step 1. Click on Settings

image


Step 2: Select iCloud and then Backup


image

Step 3: Select Back up now


image


The result? It is all happening! I took a long, long time let me add!

041


These are two tips from the Wikihow article
  • You can set what information is backed up from the Storage & Backup screen in the settings app.
  • Wireless iCloud backups will only be performed when your iPad is charging and not in use.
Using the iTunes application installed on your computer

If wireless connectivity had been a problem I could have used this method. Here is a video showing the process through the alternate method – namely using iTunes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdfwNW_qSpo

This video tutorial shows you how to create a backup image of your Apple iPhone, iPad, iPad 2 and iPod Touch. By creating a backup of your iOS device, you can simply plug-in your phone and restore it - along with your contacts, apps, music, movies and more. If you have recently upgraded from an Apple iPad 1 to an Apple iPad 2, you can also move your information quickly and easily to a new device.



So, in summary, the whole process happened seamlessly and easily.  Of course, new questions have sprung to mind, which need answering,  but in the meantime I will enjoy my Ipad Mini 3

No comments:

Post a Comment