Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Creative writing using Photofunia

Hello! This is Grade 4/5 B's blog in Cape Town. Please look around, especially at our Senior Citizens project. We love creative writing in this class. Today we used two webtools. The first was a newspaper clip generator called 'Fodey's newspaper clip generator' http://www.fodey.com/generators/newspaper/snippet.asp. After that we used a fun programme called Photofunia where you have upload a picture of yourself to a fun image creator called Photofunia. We then created a story around the picture. 





’A great surprise’ by Geocro
It was Christmas Eve 1999 in the United States of America, and the Lock family were sitting having a nice dinner in their huge house on Dodger Road. All was dead quiet except for the scraping of knives and forks on plates. To break the silence Maria (the oldest daughter of Mr. and Mrs Lock) said,
“Can you pass me the salt, please mother?”
“Why don't you get it yourself?” asked her bratty sister Emma.
“Hush, Emma,” said Mrs Lock. “I will get the salt for your sister.”
“Thank you mother,” said Maria.
A few minutes later I was in my room. If you are wondering who I am well let me tell you that I am Rose, the older sister of Emma and the younger sister of Maria. That night I prayed to God, and I always said the same thing.
“Please may my face be on the Christmas decoration balls!”
I didn't know why but it was like a weird obsession. I didn't know how it started and I didn't know how to stop it. That night I slept badly and when I woke up I had circles under my eyes. I was so.o.o tired. But when I went down stairs I brightened up for there, on the decorative balls that were on the Christmas tree, was my face! I could hardly believe my eyes!


5 comments:

  1. Hello I really like the story. It was very interesting and really nice. I also like the slede show. I really enjoy how the fire works and all the popping things.I also enjoy all the pictures and am happy that you helped the senior v. I really enjoy your blog please go and comment on mine. it's http://rarm2009.edublogs.org/ so please visit it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Photofunia is indeed very interesting, I have used it many times. Usually making pictures like that and editing them would have to be the work of a professional computer designer... For this, even grade 4 or 5s can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your story and the slide show is great too. I've never used Photofunia but I'd like to have a go at it now I've seen what you can do. Thank you Mrs Beal for visiting our blog. We could put a link to your blog on ours and you're welcome to link to us. It would be great to have contact with another Southern Hemisphere class. Our northern blog buddies go on summer vacation soon and our blog communications go a bit quiet over that time. We are a Year 3 and 4 class at a country school. Lots of us live on dairy farms and a few live in a nearby town.
    Regards,
    Miss Knight and the Livewires

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a post you made some good points there, as a beginner I am always searching online for articles that may help me. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ashrat shaikh visited and enjoyed looking at your work

    ReplyDelete