Wednesday, July 20, 2011

PIL Institute #2: Fun using photosynth

Photosynth is a free Microsoft graphics programme that I have only just started to get to know. It is so simple to use yet it is so amazing to see how it seamlessly connects all the photos you take in a 360 degree turn. One of our pre-assignments for the Partners in Learning Institute is to create a photosynth of our schoool location. Today I sent students in pairs to select a location at the school and take lots of photos just standing in one spot and turning slowly full circle. They loved the experience. I have been uploading the photos to the photosynth site and am excited to see that you can also embed them in a blog. That's what I am going to try now:







Wow, look how nicely it embeds. I think this is a great programme and must definitely incorporate it in some of my lessons.

1 comment: