Friday, May 25, 2012

Add navigation pages to your wiki and write on them!


Submitted by Fiona Beal

Last week I wrote a blogpost and challenged teachers to consider creating a wiki if they don’t already have one. My post was called  ‘Why not create a wiki for your classroom’?  A wiki is a superb calssroom tool, really. Well, if you took the challenge and created a wiki, I have some more fabulous tips for you to spruce it up a bit. 

Add navigation pages

The first thing you could so is add navigation pages on the left hand side to give it that website feel. If you would like to do that I have created a Slideshare that could assist you. It is called ‘How to add navigation pages to your wiki'. Take a look:
How to write on a wiki

Once you have done that you might find that wikis are sometimes tricky to write on. But don’t worry as I have created some information on how to write in a wiki. Let me add this an a Box.Net embed.(I love the way one can so easily upload to Box.net and then got an embed code to put the document on a wiki. 

Well, in the next wiki post that I write I’ll add some information about adding a header and some gadgets to your wiki. Really, for a teacher, a wiki is a MUST in this day and age.

No comments:

Post a Comment