Saturday, October 5, 2013

[Grade 7} Icebreakers for getting to know my new Grade 7 class

I have been out of the classroom for two years! I am now volunteering at a small school near where I live as their ICT Technology teacher - and I am am ever so excited. Of course I wanted to get to know them! So, after introducing myself we played the 3-2-1 game.  I got this idea from a lovely Slideshare by Shelley Terrel http://www.slideshare.net/ShellTerrell/10-getting-to-know-you-activities-for-teens-adults


image

Task 1: Icebreaker" The 3-2-1 game

This idea is adapted from the Slideshare above. I have used one of the pictures in the Slideshare and changed it by adding my own categories.



3-2-1

Each person shared:
3 interesting things about yourself
2 things you'd like to be able to do in computer lessons

1 favourite thing you already do on the computer.

Task 2: Complete a Google form
The students then completed this Google form with information about themselves for my eyes only. 






An interesting video we watched in class

This was introduced after asking the class what they think students of their age are learning about technology in other parts of the world. We watched an 11 year old keynote speaker speaking on technology



It was a great lesson! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment