Thursday, July 12, 2018

How to save an email as a PDF

Today I was explaining to someone that you can save an email as a PDF by pressing Control/P.  They commented: 'But that is the control for printing'. That is true. In Google Chrome Control?P gives you the option to print OR save as a PDF. When I got home I discovered I was only partly correct when it comes to emails. ( I will show the correct procedure in a video below - you still use the Print option.)

Let me just say at this point that if you are on any webpage and you want to save it as a PDF, all you do is click Control/P (yes, the PRINT option) and it will also give you the option to save the whole webpage as a PDF.




How to save an email as a PDF
1. You need to be using Google Chrome an the online Gmail.
2.  Open the email and then click on MORE. Then select PRINT.
3. When PRINT option you'll see an option to CHANGE.  Click on CHANGE.
4. You will then be given the option to save the email as a PDF.

Perhaps this screencast, which I have just made, will make things clearer.

No comments:

Post a Comment